Alison Albanese concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial real estate law and business and corporate law. She represents a wide variety of commercial developers in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, permitting and development of commercial projects. Alison also has experience in the area of public finance in the issuance of tax-exempt securities as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and borrower’s counsel.
During law school, Alison interned for the Honorable Robert W. Lovegreen, Magistrate Judge of the United States District Court District of Rhode Island. She also clerked for the Legal Department at Fidelity Investments in Boston, Massachusetts.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Clemson University (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Rhode Island
- Represented lender group in connection with refinancing of resort casino. Representation included advising client with regard to state gaming laws and regulations, creation and perfection of security interests in associated real property, personal property, licensure and securities. Assisted client in connection with interaction with relevant state gaming authorities.
- Represented lender in connection with $53 million financing of multi-family residential condo project and affiliated $17 million letter of credit.
- Assisted with the permitting of the State’s methane gas burning electric power plant. Represented the developer in securing the permits necessary for the collection of the State landfill’s methane gas in conformance with Clean Air Act standards and local land use requirements.
- Assisted with the financing for the development of the largest (2 megawatt) land based wind turbine in Massachusetts history.
- Assisted with the representation of FelCor Hotel Lodging Trust in connection with its acquisition of the Fairmont Copley Plaza.
- Represented a commercial developer in a complicated mixed-use condominium development which involved the drafting of master condominium documents and sub-condominium documents.
- Represented a developer in connection with the redevelopment of an industrial site which involved historic tax credits and innovative financing.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Real Estate Law.
- Named a Rhode Island Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2011 – 2015.
- Mariel Melissa Spencer Memorial Scholarship, Excellence in Taxation.
- Vice President, Lucy’s Hearth.
- Board of Directors, Friends Way.