Jim solves problems for people in crisis, representing entities and individuals in complex litigation in Rhode Island and other New England jurisdictions.
He brings to his practice – in commercial litigation, asbestos defense, and toxic tort defense – over 20 years of high-profile trial and appellate experience. Jim also is a member of the firm’s Appellate Group.
Tenacious in finding creative solutions to his clients’ most difficult problems, Jim currently is defending a number of national companies in hundreds of asbestos-related injury cases in Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Jim is fluent in French.
- New York University (J.D., 1991)
- Universite d'Aix-Marseille (France)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1983)
- Rhode Island
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Best Lawyers’ 2015 Lawyer of the Year, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants, Providence. Jim was one of 14 lawyers in New England who won “Lawyer of the Year” the very first year selected to Best Lawyers in America®.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Mass Tort / Class Actions – Defendants, 2015 -2017.
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Michigan.
- New York University School of Law Moot Court Board winner of a prestigious national moot court competition.
- Selected as a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2008-2016.