As a litigator Jamie represents clients involved in business disputes in state and federal court. Committed to serving her clients, Jamie has experience in an array of litigation matters involving intellectual property and trade secrets, non-compete agreements, antitrust law, healthcare law, real estate disputes, premises liability, and professional negligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie clerked for the Honorable Gilbert V. Indeglia of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. While in law school, Jamie interned for the Honorable Maureen McKenna Goldberg of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and for another Providence law firm. She also served as a research assistant for the Feinstein Center for Pro Bono and Experiential Education related to the importance of experiential education opportunities for law students, and for Mayor Jorge Elorza related to a variety of housing issues impacting the greater Providence community. Jamie was an editor for the Roger Williams University Law Review, a member of the honor’s program, secretary of the Women’s Law Society, and participated in the Pro Bono Collaborative.
Jamie lives in Rhode Island with her husband, Pat, and their two kids. Jamie is an avid skier and former competitive ski racer.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Brown University (B.A., 2006)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Assisted legal team in successful appeal before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, which affirmed summary judgment in favor of AP&S' clients in a case involving $60 million litigation on behalf of non-profit corporations.
- Assists in representation of Inc. 500 jewelry manufacturer in a variety of civil litigation matters in state and federal court.
- Assisted in successfully defeating a motion in the Massachusetts Superior Court that would have preliminarily enjoined client from operating his business based on the language of an alleged non-compete agreement.
- Assists in representation of major health insurance provider.
- Assisted in electronic discovery with respect to AP&S’ representation of the Governor, Treasurer, and Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island in defense of constitutional challenges to changes made to the state’s pension system.
- Member of the AP&S team that prevailed in administrative appeal involving client’s objection to a Certificate of Need application before the Rhode Island Superior Court.
- Assisted in successfully moving to dismiss a case involving client’s alleged violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Assists on variety of insurance defense matters involving premises liability and professional negligence.
- Worked with legal team in drafting various motions in limine in defense of international company listed on the London Stock Exchange in two cases brought by a competitor alleging breach of contract, unfair trade practices, computer crimes, securities fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets in connection with the company’s bid to purchase a billion-dollar public company.
- Board Member, Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Co-Chair, Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Association Golf Tournament.
- Committee Member, Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Weekend.
- Friends of Brown Skiing.
- Friends of Brown Soccer.
Pro Bono Work:
As a second and third year law student, Jamie participated in the law school’s Pro Bono Collaborative, where she helped represent low-income Providence families with housing-related matters. She also worked on an immigration project in Fall River, Massachusetts, assisting clients in obtaining visas.