Kate is an associate in the firm’s litigation department, where she represents individuals and businesses in a wide range of civil disputes in both state and federal court. Her varied practice includes defending product liability cases and toxic tort matters on behalf of the firm’s clients. Kate also has experience in personal injury and wrongful death actions, premises liability, professional malpractice claims, employment-related disputes, contract matters, and construction-related claims. Kate approaches every case with a uniquely creative perspective, to ensure that each client’s needs and concerns are continually addressed throughout the course of litigation.
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 2007)
Brown University (A.B., Modern American History, 2004)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Prior to joining the firm, Kate represented a number of companies in asbestos-related lawsuits and obtained favorable settlements for her clients.
- Named a Rhode Island Rising Star, 2013-2016, by the publisher of Super Lawyers.
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell, its highest rating for attorneys.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Ethics and Professionalism Committee of the Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Bar Journal Committee of the Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Board Member, Children’s Dyslexia Center of Rhode Island, which provides free tutoring to children with dyslexia.
- Kate participates in the Rhode Island chapter of 100+ Women Who Care.