Kelly is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Her practice includes assisting clients in a variety of civil matters including disputes involving personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, toxic torts and premises liability actions. Kelly has experience representing individuals and businesses before state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Kelly worked for a Rhode Island civil litigation firm where she handled defense of insurance claims and represented retail and hospitality clients in premises liability actions. She has tried cases in the Rhode Island state courts, has argued before the Rhode Island Supreme Court and has received reported decisions from the Rhode Island Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Suffolk University Law School (J.D. 2005)
Providence College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2000)
University of Lund, Sweden (Comparative Law, 2003)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Successfully defended motor vehicle distributor at trial against allegations of product liability and unfair trade practices act and consumer protection act.
- Represented international retailer at arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Successfully represented manufacturer in product liability action on an appeal to the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Defended large retailer at trial in premises liability action before the Rhode Island Superior Court.
- Currently representing clients in premises liability cases and asbestos related claims.
- How to Make & Handle Deposition Objections, Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2016 (moderator).
- Damages: Legal, Practical and Pragmatic Considerations of Value Assessment, Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, May 2011.
- Named a Rhode Island Rising Star, 2013, 2014, and 2015, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Defense Research Institute.
- Member, Defense Counsel of Rhode Island (DCRI).
- Treasurer, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association.
Member, Board of Directors, Women's Fund of Rhode Island.