Broadly experienced, highly rated and widely recognized for her legal experience and community service, Sally puts 30 years of responsive and resourceful legal experience to work for her corporate, closely-held business and health care clients. Highly skilled, she works with other AP&S practices as point-person to provide her clients a full range of effective and efficient business and personal legal services.
Practicing in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts, she counsels privately held businesses and their shareholders on acquisitions, divestitures, financings, business succession, governance and other corporate matters. She has also represented lenders and borrowers in complex financing transactions.
Her clients include medical practices, nursing homes, hospitals, major Rhode Island-based manufacturing and service businesses, real estate holding companies, U.S. subsidiaries of foreign corporations and financial institutions. Further, she is frequently called upon by national banks and other financial institutions to render legal opinions on financing transactions.
- Northeastern University (J.D., 1977)
- Boston University (LL.M., in Taxation, 1982)
- Wellesley College (A.B., 1963)
- Rhode Island College (H.D., Doctor of Public Service 2003)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- She helped a foreign company negotiate a € 30 million contract for the sale of an integrated equipment system.
- For her health care clients, she has formed single-specialty and multi-specialty medical practice groups, represented non-profit hospitals in affiliations with both non-profit and for profit health care groups, negotiated office building acquisition and financing, analysis of Stark and anti-kickback concerns, physician-employee employment agreements, and buy-in and buy-out of physician owners.
- She advises high net-worth families on a daily basis with respect to governance, succession, legal aspects of private placement investment opportunities, aircraft purchases and various commercial transactions.
- She also has represented:
- corporate, limited liability companies, partnership and individual borrowers in secured and unsecured financing transactions
- the Rhode Island Secretary of State on corporate and commercial matters, including revisions to laws and promulgation of regulations
- the Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education in connection with public finance matters
- both federally and state chartered credit unions in governance, regulatory and commercial law matters
- the Rhode Island State Investment Commission with respect to its private equity and hedge fund investments for the Employees Retirement System of the State of Rhode Island.
- Presenter, Rhode Island Bar Association seminar on “Professionalism.”
- Lectures frequently on legal ethics.
- Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year 2015, Mergers & Acquisitions, Providence.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for attorneys.
- Recognized in the Chambers USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers in Corporate/Commercial Law.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America® since 2007 in the fields of Mergers and Acquisitions and Public Finance Law.
- Selected as a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2012-2017.
- Recipient, Rhode Island College Honorary Doctor of Public Service.
- Chair, Rhode Island Judicial Nominating Commission.
- Rhode Island Foundation, Professional Advisory Council.
- Former Chair, Rhode Island Supreme Court Ethics Advisory Panel.
- Chair, Rhode Island Board Governors for Higher Education, 1998-2003.
- Chair and trustee emeritus, Trinity Repertory Company.
- Vice Chair, Providence Charter Review Commission.
- Chair, Providence Salary Review Commission.
- Member, Providence School Board Salary Review Commission.
- Former President, Dunes Club and the Dunes Corporation.
- Former Chair, Governor’s Criminal Justice Oversight Committee.