Boston MA 02110-2210
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Boston College (B.A., 1991)
- Boston College High School
Bar & Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Michael Flaherty knows Boston—as a business and real estate litigator, as someone who served on the Boston City Council for 10 years, as a former assistant district attorney, and as someone raised and educated in Boston. That in-depth knowledge of the issues, the playing field and the players helps him deliver sophisticated counsel to his varied commercial clients.
Before joining Adler Pollock & Sheehan in 2006, he served as a principal at Boston’s Dolan, Connly & Flaherty, P.C., focusing on real estate conveyancing, criminal defense and civil litigation. Previously he worked with Johnson, Hassett & Hanley and served as assistant district attorney in the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.
Elected to the Boston City Council in 1999, Michael was chosen by his colleagues in 2002 to serve as the council’s president, a post he held for five years.
Community & Civic Activity
- Former Member, Boston City Council - Elected 1999
- Chosen by his colleagues in 2002 to serve as Council President, a post he held for 5 years.