Providence RI 02903-1345
- Bankruptcy, Receivership and Creditors' Rights
- Construction Law
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Loyola University (J.D., 1999)
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., 1993; M.P.A., 1995)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
Litigator "Jay" Hall works to find simple and pragmatic solutions to his clients’ disputes. He has experience in the areas of zoning/land use, construction, civil litigation and product liability.
He has successfully handled major litigation for businesses, government entities and individuals, and has won cases before the Rhode Island Supreme Court. A knowledgeable construction litigator, he also lectures other attorneys on construction litigation and mechanics’ lien law.
Jay began building his courtroom savvy and knowledge as a student law clerk for the Federal First Circuit Court of Appeal, the Rhode Island Supreme Court, the United States Navy JAG Corps and the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office. In addition to his extensive legal training at Loyola and Boston Universities, Jay holds a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Rhode Island.
- When a local municipality’s only water source was threatened by development premised on an ancient, erroneously applied deed, he was able to protect both the town and its water supply via application of a yet-to-be-applied state statute. This case was heard and argued before the State Supreme Court.
- In a major construction case, he defended a building process clerk who had been sued by both the project owner and general contractor when a building collapsed. Jay was able to prove that the fault lay with the general contractor and thus saved his uninsured individual client the likely possibility of losing his home to satisfy a judgment.
- Chair, Rhode Island Bar Association District Court Bench/Bar Committee
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting Committee
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council
Community & Civic Activity
- University of Rhode Island Scholarship Fundraising Committee member.
- Rhode Island Parochial School Strategic Planning Committee member.
- St. Thomas More Society Board Member.
- AP&S Cases Named in Top 10 and Top 100 Most Important Opinions of 2012 by Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly
- James Hall Selected to Leadership Rhode Island 2012 Theta II Class
- AP&S Attorneys Play Key Role at R.I. Bar Association Annual Meeting
- James Hall Named Shareholder
Publications & Seminars
- Annual Bar Association and NBI lecturer on mechanics’ lien law/construction litigation.
- Rhode Island Bar Association Law Day lecturer.
- 2010 Bar Association Annual Meeting Moderator: Practical and Ethical Pitfalls of Practicing Against Pro Se Litigators.