Providence RI 02903-1345
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy, Receivership and Creditors' Rights
- Criminal Law/White Collar Defense
- Products Liability Law/Toxic Tort Law
- Sports Law
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D. 2008)
- Brown University (B.A. 2004)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Rob Humm is an associate practicing in the Litigation Group, representing clients in a wide range of civil matters. Rob brings his competitive spirit, steadfast work ethic, and extensive legal training when litigating on behalf of his clients. Rob first learned to build complex litigation cases as part of The Station Nightclub Fire Investigation Team at the Rhode Island Department of Attorney General.
Rob has first chair jury trial experience representing AP&S clients, as well as appellate experience with the Rhode Island Supreme Court. Recently, the Rhode Island Supreme Court affirmed the entry of summary judgment in Rob’s favor in the defense of an employment discrimination case.
Among other successful outcomes, Rob obtained a defense verdict for an international company after a one-week jury trial. The jury returned a verdict in favor of Rob’s client, concluding that it was not negligent in a premises liability case.
- In a Superior Court jury trial, Rob obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an international business in a premises liability case. The jury returned a verdict in favor of Rob's client, concluding that it was not negligent.
- In an employment discrimination case, Rob helped win summary judgment for an employer against claims of age and disability discrimination and a violation of the Rhode Island Parental & Family Medical Leave Act. The Rhode Island Supreme Court upheld the decision on appeal.
a breach of contract case involving the use of commercial property, Rob helped to obtain final judgment in favor of a client after a Superior Court trial.
- Rob has negotiated favorable settlements for local, national and international businesses in numerous commercial, premises liability and product liability cases.
- Rob has successfully obtained several temporary restraining orders and injunctions for clients involved in business disputes.
- Rob successfully argued against a major event planning corporation to earn his clients their full demand in an arbitration award.
- Rob has worked on many significant cases involving the production of ESI (electronically stored information).
- Rob helped defend coaches of a Big East men’s basketball program in a NCAA review and investigation.
- Rob has extensive experience working on insurance defense matters for the firm’s clients.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2014, by the publishers of Super Lawyers, recognizing him as an outstanding young attorney in the Rhode Island legal community
- At Roger Williams University School of Law, elected vice president of Student Bar Association, and vice president of Honor Board.
- Recipient of Brown University's Thomas Hoagland Award, presented to the member of the varsity basketball team who exemplifies true unselfishness through commitment and hard work both on the court and in the community.
- Recipient of Brown University’s Woody Grimshaw Memorial Award, presented to basketball team member displaying the most positive attitude and best spirit.
- Immediate Past President, Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Member, Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Former ex offico member, Board of Directors of Roger Williams University School of Law.
- Member, Rhode Island Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee.
- Member, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, American and Federal Bar (Rhode Island Chapter) Associations.
Community & Civic Activity
- Member, Roger Williams University School of Law Dean Search Committee.
- Performance Judge for Rhode Island High School Mock Trial Tournament and Roger Williams University School of Law student appellate arguments.
- Top Honors for AP&S Attorneys by Super Lawyers
- Adler Pollock & Sheehan Proudly Supports the 20th Anniversary of RWU Law
- AP&S Welcomes New Associates
Publications & Seminars
- Lecturer, "Electronic Discovery: Unraveling E-mail Strings and Strands".
- Assisted colleague, Joseph Avanzato, with written materials for National Business Institute seminar entitled "Representing Small Business Clients: Dissolving a Business".