Underwriters and borrowers alike—state and federal agencies, municipalities, school districts, conduit borrowers, developers, and more—count on our nationally recognized Public Finance Group for skilled legal and business counsel.
Noted in the Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace, the “Red Book,” we work across a broad spectrum of public financings. We serve as bond counsel and disclosure counsel, as well as counsel for borrowers, trustees, issuers, underwriters and purchasers in any public finance transaction. We have particular experience serving as bond counsel or disclosure counsel to wide-ranging municipalities and governmental agencies in the issuance of general obligation bond anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes, general obligation bonds and revenue bonds.
Both public and private sector borrowers rely on us for responsive, knowledgeable and decisive service to help them finance their projects through taxable or tax-exempt governmental bonds. And, we’re backed by other AP&S groups—such as our experienced securities and tax attorneys—to give clients sophisticated, one-stop service for all their public financing needs.
Areas of Concentration
- Bond counsel
- Disclosure counsel
- Underwriters counsel
- Borrowers counsel
- Serve as bond counsel for a state agency in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds in order to loan the bond proceeds to various 501(c)(3) educational or health care institutions.
- Serve as bond counsel for various cities and towns in connection with the issuance of bond anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes and general obligation bonds.
- Serve as bond counsel to the State in several issuances of general obligation tax anticipation notes and one issuance of general obligation refunding bonds.
- Serve as bond counsel to a regional school district in connection with the issuance of general obligation refunding bonds.
- Serve as bond counsel to a city housing authority in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds.
- Serve as underwriter’s counsel for underwriters in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds by various governmental agencies and municipalities.