Intellectual Property (IP) is a central aspect of many business, corporate and transactional matters. AP&S’ IP transactional attorneys are corporate attorneys experienced in virtually all facets of IP and are capable of assisting clients at all stages of the business cycle, whether through the formation and financing of start-up ventures, addressing day-to-day IP activities of mature and established businesses, or the acquisition or disposition of a business or specific assets, products or services of a business.
We have provided transactional services to clients across a broad range of industries and businesses, including health care, education, consumer goods and services, software, telecommunications, process chemicals and manufacturing.
AP&S’ corporate IP attorneys work closely with attorneys in our firm’s other practice groups to provide a full range of services, including IP litigation, IP prosecution, and representation concerning regulatory, tax, creditors’ rights, and labor and employment issues.
Areas of Concentration
- Acquisitions and divestitures of IP and technology assets
- IP due diligence
- Joint ventures and joint development agreements
- Technology and IP licensing or development agreements
- International technology transfers
- Documentation of financing and securitization for technology and IP assets
- Technology services agreements and related documents, including, website development agreements, IP consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, privacy policies and work-for-hire agreements
- Acquisition by a $2 billion Netherlands-based multi-national of the assets of a Connecticut software-development company.
- Represented a plastic injection molding company in a joint development agreement with an international material handling equipment company for the development of a material handling device.
- Represented a medical device start-up company.
- $400 million sale of a Rhode Island-based software development firm to a French-based publicly traded multi-national.