Derek is a member of the firm’s litigation group. His practice involves representing clients in a variety of civil matters, including contract disputes, professional negligence, employment discrimination, and complex commercial litigation. Derek’s professional interests include various issues relating to constitutional law, particularly the right of publicity and the application of equal protection.
While in law school, Derek interned for the Honorable William P. Robinson III of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. He also served as an appellate intern for the Rhode Island Public Defender, and has volunteered at an immigration services clinic, assisting non-citizens navigate the various legal hurdles within the federal immigration system.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Boston College (B.A., 2013)
- Rhode Island
- Assisted in a variety of employment discrimination defenses, including pregnancy discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
- Assisted in various contact disputes, particularly pertaining to the extent of indemnification agreements and liquidated damages provisions therein.
- Assisted in ensuring that clients’ businesses fully comply with all requirements mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Note Editor, Boston College Journal of Law and Social Justice.