Elizabeth is a registered Rhode Island Lobbyist and represents numerous corporations and trade associations before the Rhode Island General Assembly. She has advocated on behalf of clients on issues ranging from corporate and personal income taxation, insurance regulations, health care regulation, employer mandates and other business issues. She has experience in drafting both legislation and amendments to legislation to assist clients with achieving their legislative objectives.
Elizabeth has also successfully represented businesses, individuals and non-profit organizations before Rhode Island administrative agencies on a wide range of issues. Elizabeth specializes in representing businesses in highly regulated industries before regulators in Rhode Island.
Roger Williams University School of Law, (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
Xavier, (B.S., 2004)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Obtained regulatory approval for a health insurance product, which was novel to the state of Rhode Island and required review by two different regulatory bodies.
- Represented a major business trade group in defending against proposed legislation creating employer mandates.
- Obtained exemption for workers’ compensation insurers against coverage mandates for medicinal marijuana.
- Drafted and obtained passage of legislation exempting service and repair contracts from existing insurance laws and regulations.
- Obtained dismissal of medical malpractice and slander action. Briefed and argued case before R.I. Supreme Court which upheld the dismissal. Francis v. Gallo, 59 A.3d 69 (R.I. 2013).
- How to Handle Opposition, Women’s Policy Institute, 2013.
- Exploring Women’s Philanthropy, Partnership for Philanthropic Planning of Rhode Island Breakfast Meeting, March 14, 2013.
- Presenter, Bridge the Gap CLE, 2012.
- Presenter, Women’s Bar Association, 2nd Annual Lunch Series CLE, 2012.
- Case Note: Gorman v. Gorman, The Roger Williams University Law Review, 11 Roger Williams U.L. Rev. 603, 877 (2006).
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2012-2019, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Named 40 under Forty by Providence Business News.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Appointee, Rhode Island Governor’s Task Force on Insurance
- President, Companion Animal Foundation
- Former Board Member, Women’s Fund of Rhode Island
- Former Executive Committee Member, Women’s Leadership Council – United Way of Rhode Island
- Former Chair, New Attorneys’ Advancement Task Force, Rhode Island Bar Association