Ken Kozik is a registered patent attorney who has been practicing patent law full time since 1989. Ken worked as in-house counsel and then in private practice at several large Boston intellectual property law firms. Ken’s experience includes evaluating and formulating strategies for protecting technologies in areas such as software, networks, optical systems, electrical & electronic systems, mechanical systems and devices, medical devices, electro-mechanical systems, Internet and business method technologies. In addition to patent drafting and prosecution skills, Ken has experience in providing patent opinions (i.e., non-infringement, invalidity, due diligence and patentability), technology licensing and evaluation of technologies on behalf of proposed investors.
Prior to entering the legal field, Ken worked as a senior software engineer for several large corporations supporting Department of Defense (DoD) projects, computer network applications and large commercial software applications.
Ken holds a B.A. in Chemistry/Mathematics from Saint Anselm College, a M.S. in Organic Chemistry/Mathematics from Saint Joseph College and a J.D. from Western New England College School of Law. Ken is admitted to all the state and federal courts of Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Western New England College School of Law, (J.D., 1993)
St. Joseph College, (M.S., 1979)
St. Anselm’s College, (B.A., 1974)
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
U.S. District Court, District of Maine
U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Not licensed to practice in Rhode Island
- Represented multiple Fortune 100 computer companies in patent prosecution matters.
- Represented two leading Massachusetts universities in patent prosecution matters.
- Represented two of the largest medical technology/device businesses in the United States.
- Represented a company that designs and manufactures a broad range of highly engineered automotive devices.
- ProBono representation of poor and other disenfranchised people to assist them in obtaining legal, social and economic justice (MetroWest Legal Services, Framingham, MA)
- Chairman, Local town Zoning Board of Appeals