Nicole Verdi is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Her practice involves assisting clients on a wide array of civil matters, including land use, energy, environmental and public utility law. Nicole has experience assisting developers obtain entitlements and navigate Rhode Island’s regulatory bodies, including the Rhode Island Energy Facility Siting Board, Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission, Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities and Carriers and many local Zoning and Planning Boards.
Nicole also has experience assisting clients with governmental relations and legislative issues.
Prior to joining Adler Pollock & Sheehan, Nicole worked as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Maureen McKenna Goldberg at the Rhode Island Supreme Court. While in law school, Nicole interned for the Honorable William E. Smith and the Honorable John J. McConnell, Jr. in the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. Also during law school, she worked as a summer associate at Adler Pollock & Sheehan.
Nicole participated in the Women’s Policy Institute fellowship for the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island. As a fellow, she researched and advocated for women’s rights legislation in the City of Providence, City of Central Falls, and State of Rhode Island.
Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
Roger Williams University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2012)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Represents firm clients with general civil litigation matters, drafting various court motions and arguing matters in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut courts.
- Represents firm clients before the Rhode Island Energy Facility Siting Board, Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission and the Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities Commission.
- Represents firm clients before local Zoning and Planning Boards.
- Represents and advocates for firm clients in the Rhode Island General Assembly.
- Assists in the representation of the Rhode Island State Investment Commission with respect to private equity investments for the Employees Retirement System of the State of Rhode Island.
- Note, Releasing the Stranglehold on Domestic Violence Victims, 18 Roger Williams U. L. Rev. 2 (Summer 2013).
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2017, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Commissioner, City Plan Commission, City of Providence
- Member, U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island Board of Bar Admissions 2018-2021
- Delegate, Rhode Island Bar Association House of Delegates
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Justinian Law Society
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Chair, Youth In Action Board of Directors
- President, RWU Law Alumni Association
- Committee Member, Providence Democratic City Commission for Ward 5
- Executive Vice President, Millennial Professional Group of Rhode Island
- Member, Rhode Island National Organization of Women
- Member, Congressman David N. Cicilline’s 2017 Women’s Advisory Council
- Volunteer judge for various Roger Williams University and Roger Williams University School of Law student moot court and mock trial competitions