Systems Administrator – Providence, RI
Adler Pollock & Sheehan (AP&S) is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our Information Technology department based in our Providence office. AP&S is a New England law firm representing local, national, and international clients in a wide range of complex legal matters. Since 1960, we have been committed to providing clients with the highest levels of legal services through a wide variety of practice areas in our three office locations: Providence and Newport, RI, and Boston, MA.
The Systems Administrator will administer and oversee the implementation, organization and troubleshooting of the computer desktop and servers, multiple operating systems, and appropriate communications protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, and/or reconfigurations
- Document and maintain system configurations and architecture
- Monitoring software vulnerability assessments
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights in accordance with company policies and best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Manage and maintain company IT asset inventory.
- Manage InTune MDM on company devices and personal phones
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and strong GPO experience required.
- In conjunction with the Network Admin manage backups and disaster recovery planning and testing
- Manage M365 infrastructure including Azure AD Connector, account creation and policies.
- Maintain Active Directory, including forest and domain level upgrades.
- Manage and oversee Zoom telephone and meeting system.
- Plan, schedule and execute equipment installations, imaging, upgrades, and replacement projects.
- Conduct research on products (trends in technology) in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate cost benefit analysis of products and recommend hardware and installation products for purchase.
- Provide technical support to users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of physical desktop and server hardware.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Experience working in Microsoft Active Directory and Azure
- Working knowledge of virtualization, preferably VMWare.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills to diagnose, research and correct problems.
- Must be highly self-sufficient and capable of handling day to day tasks with minimal supervision, plus possess excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization and peers to reach common goals.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding client and firm information.
- Thorough understanding of VOIP telephone systems.
- Proficient with M365 administration.
- Prior vendor experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, VMWare, WiFi products, Fortinet firewalls, Cortex, Windows Defender and VPN, Cisco switches & routers, Microsoft and DUO MFA and Veeam products at plus.
- Able to anticipate common obstacles and develop plans to resolve them
- Creates actionable strategies
- Communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Experience in Finance software specifically Aderant and Vision
- Balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, i.e., weekends or evening maintenance
- A team-player with a “Can-Do”, flexible attitude.
Education and Experience Requirements
- S. degree in Computer Science or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in legal or professional services environment.
Physical Demands and Conditions Requirements
- General office environment, sitting and viewing computer monitors for extended periods
- Standing in Data Center Environment (loud and heavily air conditioned) for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs. during installation and maintenance of Enterprise level IT equipment
Hours and Locations of Work
- Providence, RI based position at Citizen’s Plaza
- Routinely, Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5pm, with availability for later or early daily hours and weekends for traveling or maintenance tasks.
- Position will share on-call responsibilities.
- Periodic travel to other AP&S locations as developed, currently Boston, MA and Newport, RI