The Intellectual Property Group will be presenting virtually at Rhode Island Startup Week on Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
Rhode Island Startup Week 2021, October 18th through the 22nd, will be hosting events for entrepreneurs, local leaders, students, corporations, and investors to gather, connect and collaborate.
During this presentation, the folks at AP&S will discuss how to avoid or eliminate common mistakes made by early stage or startup companies. In particular, there will be a presentation and Q&A related to the following topics:
- “Inexpensive” Patent Applications – How much do they really cost?
- Chain of Title – Do you own your inventions?
- Novelty Requirement – Be wary of “public” disclosures.
- FTO – Freedom to Operate –What does this mean? Do we need it?
- Intellectual Property Strategy – Strategies that work and those that don’t.
- Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets – Patents are not everything.
- Founders and Employee Agreements – IP provisions.
- NDA/Confidentiality Agreements – Purpose and need.
- Strategic Partnerships – Common pitfalls.