Chief Operating and Financial Officer
Adler Pollock & Sheehan is seeking a Chief Operating and Financial Officer with demonstrated executive skills in strategic planning and implementation, financial management, budgeting, human resources, library, marketing, technology, offices services and facilities management.
- The Chief Operating and Financial Officer is responsible for all business and non-legal aspects of the firm and ensures that the firm runs well from an operational and financial perspective at all times.
- Reports directly to the Managing Partner and works very closely with the firm’s Executive Committee including attending all meeting of that committee along with shareholder meetings.
- Direct departmental reports including Accounting, HR, IT, Library Sciences and Marketing.
- Provide guidance and support as needed for a highly talented and experienced team of managers.
- Prepare the firm’s annual operating budget.
- Prepare a multitude of financial analyses throughout the year.
- Work directly with all outside professionals including accountants, bankers and insurance brokers.
- Work with commercial real estate brokers to identify alternatives to existing leases and actively participate in lease negotiations.
- Negotiate with insurance brokers for all of the firm’s insurance needs including all employee benefits and commercial needs for the business.
- Responsible for 401(k) retirement plan administration including all testing and reporting requirements.
- Work directly with the firm’s bankers on all banking related matters including cash management and borrowing requirements.
- Oversee billing and collection issues including working with outside legal counsel in negotiating settlement offers.
- The successful candidate will be a CPA, or have an MBA, or both.
- Minimum of 5 years proven management experience and skills.
- Prior experience working in a law firm or other professional services setting strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Competitive compensation and benefit package is commensurate with the position and responsibilities.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume directly by email to Robert P. Brooks, Managing Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org).