Joe is involved in all aspects of regulatory permitting and litigation. He has extensive experience in coastal development, together with all types of real estate development. He represents clients before regulatory agencies, such as zoning boards, planning boards, city and town councils, and state regulatory agencies.
He has served as a neutral arbitrator in various cities and towns in disputes with their employees. Joe also represents a variety of business clients in a broad range of corporate matters. Previously, he practiced extensively in the areas of personal injury litigation and domestic relations.
Joe has also served as a member of the Editorial Board for Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1973)
- Providence College (B.S., 1968)
- Rhode Island
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for attorneys.
- Named a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2007-2014.
- Executive Assistant, Honorable Frank Licht, former Governor of Rhode Island.
- Member, Rhode Island House of Representatives, 1974.
- Majority Whip, Rhode Island House of Representatives, 1976 - 1980.
- Majority Leader, Rhode Island House of Representatives, 1980 -1988.
- Speaker, Rhode Island House of Representatives, 1988-1992.
- Chairman, Rhode Island State’s Criminal Justice Commission.
- Member, Rhode Island Port Authority.
- Member, Rhode Island Judicial Tenure and Discipline Commission.
- Member, Rhode Island Public Transit Authority.
- Assistant Town Solicitor, Town of Smithfield.
- Member, Board of Trustees, New England Institute of Technology.
- Chairman, Citizens Advisory Board Italian Americana, a literary journal published by the University of Rhode Island.
- Advisory Board, Big Brothers of Rhode Island.
- Honorary Director, St. Jude’s Research Hospital.
- General Campaign Chair, Rhode Island Heart Association, 1988-1989.