AP&S’ Business and Corporate Group offers a broad range of sophisticated business counseling and transactional services to domestic and international companies of all sizes. Whether your business is a start-up or established family business, a publicly traded corporation, a partnership, or a not-for-profit organization, our experienced and responsive team works to know your business and provide quick, effective turnaround and conscientious follow-through – across a full spectrum of business matters. We are passionately committed to working in partnership with our clients to achieve their goals.
We represent a wide variety of clients, such as:
- Foreign-based multinationals
- U.S.-based public companies
- Emerging companies
- Family-owned businesses
- High-net-worth individuals
- Government and economic development agencies
- Financial institutions
- Colleges and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Our industry experience spans manufacturing, distribution, construction, health care, real estate, financial services, retail sales, energy, utilities, public relations, advertising, technology, professional services, and more.
As your legal counsel, we focus first on understanding your operations, products, personnel, and market to create innovative, no-nonsense business solutions that save you time and money. Our clients praise our attorneys for their responsiveness, legal knowledge and pragmatic problem-solving.
- Acquisition, leasing, financing, and development of portfolio motor fuel supply and maintenance facilities with accessory grocery retail throughout New England and the Northeast.
- National leasing and development of casino ancillary, retail, hospitality, restaurant facilities and services.
- Represent Rhode Island State Investment Commission in connection with multiple alternative investments including private equity, private credit, infrastructure, and real estate.
- Represent client in connection with its multiple loan facilities to Crossroads Rhode Island to enable Crossroads to build and rehabilitate various affordable housing units in the State of Rhode Island.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Ethical Considerations in Representing a Business Entity, Washington County Bar Association, June 2015.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Procurement for State and Municipal Agencies: Reviewing, Drafting and Litigation-Proofing Contracts, Rhode Island Department of Health, January 2015.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Representing the Rhode Island Business Entity: Ethical Considerations, RI Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2011.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Acquiring and Selling a Privately-Held Company in 2009, RI Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2009.
- Hans Lundsten, Lecturer on issues relating to business organization.
- Rated Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyer.
- Ranked top among law firms in Rhode Island in Chambers USA.