AP&S’ Business and Corporate Group offers a broad range of sophisticated business counseling and transactional services to domestic and international companies of all sizes. Whether your business is a start-up or established family business, a publicly traded corporation, a partnership or a not-for-profit organization, our experienced and responsive team works to know your business and provide quick, effective turnaround and conscientious follow-through – across a full spectrum of business matters. We are passionately committed to working in partnership with our clients to achieve their goals.
We represent a wide variety of clients such as:
- Foreign-based multinationals
- U.S.-based public companies
- Emerging companies
- Family-owned businesses
- High-net-worth individuals
- Government and economic development agencies
- Financial institutions
- Colleges and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Our industry experience spans manufacturing, distribution, construction, health care, real estate, financial services, retail sales, energy, utilities, public relations, advertising, technology, professional services, and more.
As your legal counsel, we focus first on understanding your operations, products, personnel and market to create innovative, no-nonsense business solutions that save you time and money. Our clients praise our attorneys for their responsiveness, legal knowledge and pragmatic problem solving.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Ethical Considerations in Representing a Business Entity, Washington County Bar Association, June 2015.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Procurement for State and Municipal Agencies: Reviewing, Drafting and Litigation-Proofing Contracts, Rhode Island Department of Health, January 2015.
- Marc Lewin, Speaker, Start Your Business. Grow Your Business, Hatch Entrepreneurial Center Workshop Series, November 2014.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Representing the Rhode Island Business Entity: Ethical Considerations, RI Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2011.
- Susan Leach DeBlasio, Acquiring and Selling a Privately-Held Company in 2009, RI Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2009.
- Sarah T. Dowling and Hans Lundsten, Ethical Issues for Attorneys and Accountants with Closely-Held Business Clients, January 2006.
- Hans Lundsten, Lecturer on issues relating to business organization.
- Andrew C. Spacone, Reducing the Risks of Outsourcing in China and Other Countries: Contracts & Beyond,” American Corporate Counsel, 2008.
- Sarah T. Dowling, Chapter Author, “Ethics Considerations in Representing the Business Entity,” in A Practical Guide to Organizing a Business in Rhode Island, Spring 2011.
- Rated Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyer.
- Ranked top among law firms in Rhode Island in Chambers USA.