Lucas is an associate with Adler Pollock & Sheehan and a member of the firm’s litigation group. His practice involves assisting clients in civil matters that include government relations, intellectual property law, and complex business and commercial litigation. Having grown up working in his family’s restaurant, Lucas has a particular interest in business litigation. His professional interests also include legislative advocacy, local government law, and constitutional law.
Before joining AP&S, Lucas interned for the Honorable Daniel A. Procaccini of the Rhode Island Superior Court, as well as the Honorable William E. Smith of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. He further completed an internship in the Consumer Protection Unit of the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office.
In addition to his legal experience, Lucas has also worked in the political arena, including acting as a Page in the Rhode Island House of Representatives, participating on various campaigns, and interning for a United States Congressman.
At Boston College Law School, Lucas served as a Senior Editor of the Boston College Law Review. In April 2021, the Boston College Law Review published Lucas’s Note, The Internet and the Hobbs Act: What’s the Connection?, which addressed the Internet’s potential to substantially expand the realm of federal criminal law. Additionally, Lucas participated in the Boston College Civil Litigation Clinic, in which he represented indigent clients in various housing and family law matters.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021)
- Boston College (B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2018)
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- Assisted in the representation of health care entities and providers before various regulatory agencies.
- Assisted in the representation of various government entities to defend the constitutionality of several significant policy initiatives.
- Assisted in the representation of a multi-national company involved in an intellectual property matter.
- Author, The Internet and the Hobbs Act: What’s the Connection?, 62 B.C. L. Rev. 1453 (2021), https://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/bclr/vol62/iss4/9
- Senior Editor, Boston College Law Review.
- Membership, The Order of the Coif.
- Recipient, Rhode Island Bar Foundation’s Thomas F. Black, Jr. Memorial Scholarship.
- Rhode Island Bar Association.