Hamza helps clients achieve their business objectives and goals through custom-tailored legal solutions. He represents clients in a wide range of civil matters in state and federal court. Hamza is committed to providing excellence to his clients through his solid work-ethic, combined with effective and efficient representation. His background in real estate and computer science assists him in advising clients in a wide range of matters.
Hamza has significant experience in cases involving real estate, land use and zoning matters, including all phases of development and permitting. Moreover, Hamza has successfully litigated land use and zoning matters in the Rhode Island Superior Court and Supreme Court, including winning a case on behalf of a client on a matter of first-impression. Hamza also uses his prior real estate experience in delivering results for clients in municipal tax appeal cases.
Prior to joining Adler Pollock and Sheehan, Hamza served as a real estate analyst for a commercial real estate firm appraising property across Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He also served as a lobbyist and spokesperson for several successful initiatives before the Connecticut Legislature. Hamza also served as an advisor and lecturer for the National Student Leadership Conference in Washington D.C., New York and in several countries across Europe.
Hamza is civic-minded and is committed to serving the community. In 2009, he coordinated a highly acclaimed symposium highlighting violence on college campuses and the appropriate institutional responses in light of the Virginia Tech tragedy and other events.
- Washington and Lee School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Trinity College (B.A. with Honors in Public Policy and Law, 2006)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Appointed by the Rhode Island Superior Court as a Special Master to oversee a complex and high-profile piece of litigation impacting thousands of people across the country.
- He is currently defending an international Fortune 50 company against the claims of a competitor, which is improperly attempting to shut down one of its retail locations.
- He currently represents and advises an international technology company to facilitate operations in desired markets.
- He currently represents a number of for-profit and non-profit entities in connection with real estate tax appeals.
- He and a colleague litigated and settled what has been called the largest real estate tax appeal in Rhode Island history.
- He successfully assisted clients in negotiating and navigating a multi-million dollar transaction.
- He successfully assisted clients to draft and negotiate worldwide license agreements for high-value Intellectual Property.
- He successfully defended a client seeking to expand its business over the objections of one of its competitors.
- He successfully defended a landowner against the claims of a sub-contractor on a large and complex construction case.
- He handles several high-value land use and zoning cases for the firm’s clients.
- He handles several insurance defense matters for the firm’s clients.
- He has worked on high-value patent infringement cases.
- Co-Presenter, Rhode Island Property Tax Issues and Litigation CLE (June 2014).
- Co-Presenter, Protecting Non-Profit Endowments and Other Assets From Creditors CLE (May 2013).
- Co-Author, Rhode Island Real Estate Tax Appeals (May 2013).
- Research Assistant: Susan D. Pennybacker, From Scottsboro to Munich: Race and Political Culture in 1930s Britain, Princeton University Publishing (2009).
- Coordinator and Editor, Violence on Campus: Students Who are a Danger to Self or Others and Appropriate Institutional Responses, Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice, Washington and Lee School of Law (November 2009).
- Named a Rhode Island Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2019.
- Managing Events Editor, Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice.
- 2nd Place, American Bar Association, Mid-Atlantic Client Counseling Competition.
- Legal Service Award, Washington and Lee School of Law.
- Senior Achievement Award: Excellence in Academics, Character, Citizenship and Leadership, Trinity College.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Board of Trustees, Providence Country Day School.
- Diversity Committee, Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C.
- Guest Lecturer, National Student Leadership Conferences.
- Former President, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association at Washington and Lee School of Law.
- Former Lobbyist and Spokesperson, Connecticut Public Interest Research Group.