Nicole Verdi is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Her practice involves assisting clients on a wide array of civil matters, including land use, energy, environmental and public utility law. Nicole has experience assisting developers navigate Rhode Island’s regulatory bodies, including the Rhode Island Energy Facility Siting Board, Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission, Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities and Carriers and many local Zoning and Planning Boards.
Nicole also has experience assisting clients with governmental relations and legislative issues.
Prior to joining Adler Pollock & Sheehan, Nicole worked as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Maureen McKenna Goldberg at the Rhode Island Supreme Court. While in law school, Nicole interned for the Honorable William E. Smith and the Honorable John J. McConnell, Jr. in the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. Also during law school, she worked as a summer associate at Adler Pollock & Sheehan.
Nicole participated in the Women’s Policy Institute fellowship for the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island. As a fellow, she researched and advocated for women’s rights legislation in the City of Providence, City of Central Falls, and State of Rhode Island.
Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
Roger Williams University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2012)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Assisted with general litigation matters.
- Assisted in drafting various court motions.
- Assisted in representation before the Rhode Island Energy Facility Siting Board, Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission and the Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities Commission.
- Represents firm clients before local Zoning and Planning Boards.
- Represents and advocates for firm clients in the Rhode Island General Assembly.
- Note, Releasing the Stranglehold on Domestic Violence Victims, 18 Roger Williams U. L. Rev. 2 (Summer 2013).
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2017, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Board Member and Chair of the Social Media and Website Committee, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Member, Justinian Law Society.
- Chair of Board of Directors, Youth In Action
- Vice President, Roger Williams Law Alumni Association 2017-2018.
- Executive Vice President, Millennial Professional Group of Rhode Island.
- Member, Congressman David N. Cicilline's 2017 Women's Advisory Council.
- Volunteer judge for various Roger Williams University and Roger Williams University School of Law student moot court and mock trial competitions.