Stephen represents domestic and international clients in a variety of transactional matters. He advises clients in the United States and abroad on government contracting, anti-corruption compliance, organizational conflicts of interest, government security clearance matters, business formation, joint ventures, teaming, financing, cyber security, privacy matters, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. His clients range from Fortune 500 companies to start ups.
Stephen regularly lectures on privacy, big data, drones, trade secret protection and regulatory compliance. He is serving his sixth term as a member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives.
New England School of Law, J.D., 1996
Providence College, B.A., 1993
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
U.S. Supreme Court
- Advised on a variety of legal and regulatory issues in deals of over $1 billion.
- Successfully argued a nuanced regulation and convinced the federal agency to allow a $100 million contract.
- Represents domestic companies and a French company’s U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented a small business against a major defense contractor and converted a $1 million claim into a $300,000 opportunity.
- Counsels clients on government clearance and facility clearance matters.
- Negotiated joint development agreement for a sports apparel company.
- Frequent lecturer on cyber security, privacy, big data, trade secret protection, anti-corruption compliance and regulatory compliance.
- Named 40 Under Forty by Providence Business News.
- Board Member, South Eastern New England Defense Industry Alliance (SENEDIA).
- Member, Providence College President’s Council.
- Board Member, Bryant University World Trade Day.
- Board Member, Rhode Island District Export Council.
- Board Member, Johnston Hose Company #3.
- Board Member, St. Rocco’s School, Johnston, RI.
- Member, Finance Committee for Congressman James Langevin.
- Member, Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International.
- Graduate, Leadership Rhode Island Lambda II Class.
- Eagle Scout.