Kaitlin is a member of the firm’s litigation group, defending both individuals and businesses in a variety of civil matters in state and federal courts including actions involving personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, toxic torts and premises liability. Kaitlin is involved in complex multi-party litigation matters for clients in numerous jurisdictions throughout New England.
Kaitlin is a member of the team that serves as regional counsel for a national retailer handling matters in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Kaitlin also provides clients with insurance coverage opinions and evaluates allegations of unfair and deceptive business practices.
Kaitlin graduated from Suffolk University Law School in 2013, where she was a member of the Housing and Consumer Protection Clinical Program, representing low-income clients in landlord-tenant disputes. Kaitlin also achieved “Pro Brono Honors” by exceeding 50 hours of pro bono work with the Department of Child and Families during her time in law school.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Lehigh University (B.A., 2008)
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- Prior to joining Adler Pollock & Sheehan, Kaitlin worked at a firm specializing in insurance defense litigation and insurance fraud matters, with a concentration in the area of personal injury protection benefits, civil RICO, and Special Investigative Unit (SIU) cases.
- Kaitlin worked with a team of attorneys in the representation of national automobile insurers in small and large scale state and federal recovery actions from the investigation and development stage to the drafting and filing of state and federal litigation complaints, concentrating in the areas of fraud, RICO and unfair and deceptive business practices.
- Kaitlin provided comprehensive insurance coverage opinions for insurers in the states of Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut, and crafted declaratory judgment actions relating to insurers’ obligations pursuant to the terms of the policy.
- She has also defended automobile insurers and individuals in Massachusetts and Rhode Island courts relative to actions for bodily injury claims.
- Selected as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021 and 2022 in the fields of Product Liability Litigation – Defendants and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Named Massachusetts Rising Star 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2021 by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute