Underwriters and borrowers alike—state and federal agencies, municipalities, school districts, conduit borrowers, developers, and more—count on our nationally recognized Public Finance Group for skilled legal and business counsel.
Noted in the Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace, the “Red Book,” we work across a broad spectrum of public financing transactions, serving as bond counsel and disclosure counsel, as well as counsel for borrowers, trustees, issuers, underwriters and lenders. We have particular experience serving as bond counsel and disclosure counsel to municipalities and governmental agencies in the issuance of bond anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes, general obligation bonds and revenue bonds.
Public and private sector borrowers rely on us for responsive, knowledgeable and decisive service in financing projects through taxable or tax-exempt governmental bonds. Our Public Finance group is supported by other practice groups, including our tax, business and corporate and healthcare groups, to provide our clients with sophisticated, one-stop service for all of their financing needs.
Areas of Concentration
- Bond counsel
- Disclosure counsel
- Underwriter’s counsel
- Borrower’s counsel
- Lender’s counsel
- Serve as bond counsel to a Rhode Island quasi-public corporation in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds benefiting various 501(c)(3) educational and health care institutions.
- Serve as underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds by various governmental agencies and municipalities.
- Serve as lender’s counsel in connection with direct placement bond issues and the issuance of credit and liquidity facilities.
- Serve as counsel to 501(c)(3) institutions in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds.
- Served as bond counsel to various cities and towns in connection with the issuance of bond anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes and general obligation bonds.
- Served as disclosure counsel to the State of Rhode Island in connection with the issuance of general obligation bonds and certificates of participation.
- Served as bond counsel to a regional school district in connection with the issuance of general obligation refunding bonds.
- Served as bond counsel to a city housing authority in connection with the issuance of revenue bonds.
- Rated Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” 2024 by Best Lawyers®.