John Russell’s varied practice includes representing small and large clients in corporate and business law matters, mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions, loan transactions, land use and zoning matters, commercial and public finance, and tax law. His tax credentials include advanced training at Boston University School of Law, where he earned an LL.M. in tax law.
His training also includes study at the U.K. Inns of Court School of Law, work for a London barrister, additional study at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, and service as a research assistant for a recent publication on Rhode Island civil and appellate procedure.
John is able to provide his clients sensitive and knowledgeable representation while working to remove obstacles and get the deal done in an efficient manner.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M., 2006)
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2000)
- Rhode Island
- John helped a U.K.-based multinational—a London Stock Exchange-listed company with annual sales over $3 billion—in its $90 million acquisition of assets of a 110-year-old Massachusetts-based competitor and the shares of its Hong Kong, China and U.S. Virgin Islands subsidiaries.
- He assisted in representing a private equity-owned global manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered precious- and base-metal fabricated parts, with operating subsidiaries in several U.S. states and in Mexico and China, in its acquisition of the assets of a privately-held, Rhode Island-based electrical-contacts business.
- Assisted client with its acquisition from a major international oil company of approximately 100 motor fuel stations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Board of Directors, F.C. Stars of Massachusetts.
- Board Member, Angels Giving Back.
- Member, Leadership Rhode Island Lambda II Class 2015.