Cheryl has extensive experience in assisting clients with U.S. and international trademark and branding issues, including the selection, clearance, prosecution, enforcement and management of trademark portfolios. She also has experience in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board as well as opposition proceedings before various foreign trademark offices.
Cheryl has pursued and resolved trademark and copyright infringement disputes, including domain name disputes and Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings; counseled and advised clients and foreign associates on a wide range of intellectual property matters; and negotiated and drafted intellectual property agreements including license, settlement, and coexistence agreements. Cheryl also assists clients with copyright protection, prosecution and enforcement.
Cheryl’s work in consumer product industries include toys, office supplies, housewares, electronics, food and beverage, clothing and footwear, sporting goods, and jewelry. She has worked in a variety of technologies including semiconductors, wireless communication, computer hardware and software, and water treatment and filtration.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D. 2002)
- Suffolk University (B.S. 1995)
Not licensed to practice in Rhode Island
- Advises clients on clearance, selection, use, registration and enforcement of trademarks and trade names.
- Assists clients with the acquisition, sale and assignment of trademark and copyright rights.
- Performs due diligence in the sale and acquisition of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Negotiated license with major television network for trademark use on bottled water.
- Worked with U.S. Customs to create program for seizures of counterfeit goods for various companies.
- Successfully defended and prosecuted trademark and copyright infringement claims for one of the largest infomercial companies.
- Secured transfer of numerous internet domain names through arbitration (UDRP) proceedings.
- Assisted clients in obtaining copyright protection for software, sound readings, literary publications, graphical artwork, board games and television programs.
Are you a startup business that wants to build a strong brand? Are you planning to launch a new product or service and want information on why protecting trademarks is important? If so, please click here to view this webinar that will provide you with valuable information on the basics of selecting, protecting and enforcing your brand?
- Member, International Trademark Association.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Chairperson, North Kingstown School Committee.