Leslie focuses her practice on commercial litigation and healthcare law. She has represented clients in a wide array of disputes that include health care litigation, contractual claims, business torts, employment discrimination, banking laws, fraud, and administrative law.
Leslie also helps clients navigate the health care system in Rhode Island, including the Hospital Conversion Act, Certificate of Need and Change in Effective Control proceedings, Medicaid regulations, and issues of insurance, professional liability, and fraud. She regularly represents health care entities and providers in business disputes, as well as before state and federal regulatory agencies.
As co-chair of the firm’s Cannabis Practice Group, Leslie also has significant experience in advising cannabis clients on the legal and regulatory framework relevant to conducting a legal cannabis business, including issues of licensing, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2010)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2007)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Leslie won summary judgment for an international flooring manufacturer on claims by a distributor on unfair trade practices and tortious interference, among other claims, and also prevailed on summary judgment on the manufacturer’s counterclaims. (Named one of the Top 100 Most Important Decisions of 2017 by Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly).
- Leslie defended a major health care insurer in a lawsuit alleging tort claims and an antitrust conspiracy to prevent an out-of-state hospital system from entering Rhode Island.
- Leslie assisted in successfully defending the certificate of need approval for a licensed organized ambulatory care facility providing radiation therapy services before the Rhode Island Superior Court and Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Leslie and her colleagues represented three community behavioral health centers in successfully appealing the recoupment of significant government funding.
- Leslie has successfully defended health care providers in numerous regulatory and licensing proceedings.
- Leslie obtained summary judgment on behalf of one of the largest privately held companies in the United States on land use and environmental claims.
- Leslie and her colleagues have obtained numerous successful results on behalf of nursing facilities appealing civil monetary penalties.
- Leslie successfully moved for dismissal of multiple civil rights actions on behalf of a municipal detention facility in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island federal courts and defended the appeals of those dismissals in the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Editor-in-Chief, Boston College Third World Law Journal.
- “Putting Poverty in Museums: Strategies to Create the For-Profit Social Business,” 29 Boston College Third World Law Journal 357 (2009).
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2014 - 2019, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
Professional Excellence in the Law, Health Care, Rhode Island Monthly 2019.
- Young Lawyers Committee Chair, Rhode Island Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Fellow, Rhode Island Bar Foundation.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Leadership Rhode Island, Pi II Class (2020)
- Generation Citizen Local Board - Rhode Island.
- Co-Chair, Rhode Island Chapter Boston College Law School Alumni Association.
- Former Board Member and Secretary, Womens Center of Rhode Island