Leslie focuses her practice on commercial litigation and health care law. Leslie’s litigation practice encompasses a wide array of matters that include health care litigation, contractual claims, business torts, employment discrimination, banking laws, fraud, and administrative law.
Leslie also has significant experience in representing health care clients before state and federal regulatory agencies, including in Change in Effective Control and Certificate of Need proceedings and throughout Hospital Conversions Act review. She also routinely guides health care providers in matters relating to Medicare and Medicaid, professional liability, and appeals of state and federal survey results. Leslie employs her extensive knowledge of the health care industry when representing providers and other entities in business disputes and before state and federal regulatory agencies.
As co-chair of the firm’s Cannabis Practice Group, Leslie also has significant experience in advising cannabis clients on the legal and regulatory framework relevant to conducting a legal cannabis business, including issues of licensing, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2010)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2007)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Leslie successfully represented the Transacting Parties in the Hospital Conversions Act review of a national health system’s change in ownership before the Rhode Island Department of Health and Rhode Island Office of Attorney General.
- Leslie defended a major health care insurer in a lawsuit alleging tort claims and an antitrust conspiracy to prevent an out-of-state hospital system from entering Rhode Island.
- Leslie won summary judgment for an international flooring manufacturer on claims by a distributor on unfair trade practices and tortious interference, among other claims, and also prevailed on summary judgment on the manufacturer’s counterclaims. (Named one of the Top 100 Most Important Decisions of 2017 by Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly).
- Leslie has obtained numerous successful results on behalf of nursing facilities appealing civil monetary penalties.
- Leslie assisted in successfully defending the certificate of need approval for a licensed organized ambulatory care facility providing radiation therapy services before the Rhode Island Superior Court and Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Leslie and her colleagues represented three community behavioral health centers in successfully appealing the recoupment of significant government funding.
- Leslie has successfully defended health care providers in numerous regulatory and licensing proceedings.
- Leslie obtained summary judgment on behalf of one of the largest privately held companies in the United States on land use and environmental claims.
- USLAW NETWORK’s Virtual Retreat “Short Takes” Video, Cannabis Law for 2021 and beyond.
- Editor-in-Chief, Boston College Third World Law Journal.
- “Putting Poverty in Museums: Strategies to Create the For-Profit Social Business,” 29 Boston College Third World Law Journal 357 (2009).
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2014 – 2020, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Professional Excellence in the Law, Health Care, Rhode Island Monthly 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Young Lawyers Committee Chair, Rhode Island Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Fellow, Rhode Island Bar Foundation.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Leadership Rhode Island, Pi II Class (2020)
- Generation Citizen Local Board – Rhode Island.
- Co-Chair, Rhode Island Chapter Boston College Law School Alumni Association.
- Former Board Member and Secretary, Womens Center of Rhode Island