Erin is a member of the firm’s litigation department with more than a decade of experience. Her practice includes advising and representing clients in complex commercial disputes, including all aspects of the construction process, government contracts claims, surety law, commercial litigation and insurance disputes. She represents clients before state and federal courts and arbitration panels, including general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, suppliers, owners/developers and sureties in construction related matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Erin was an associate and partner at a civil litigation firm in Rhode Island and an associate at a firm in Washington, D.C. that specialized in construction litigation and government contracts. Erin has experience pursuing federal and state government construction contract and private construction contract claims and prosecuting and defending bid protests for the award of federal and state construction contracts. In addition, Erin has extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating construction contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and teaming and joint venture agreements. Erin also has experience in pursuing claims against insurance carriers regarding coverage and damages disputes.
- George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School (J.D., 2007)
- George Mason University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Rhode Island
- District of Columbia
- Virginia (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Successfully defended a $10 million delay and extra work claim brought by a subcontractor against the general contractor and payment bond surety involving a $40 million bridge repair and painting project in New England.
- Successfully represented general contractor in drafting and filing bid protest for reprocurement and ultimate award of state contract involving highway and bridge construction for over $50 million.
- Obtained over $500,000 in state court award on behalf of demolition and site contractor for claims against a private owner involving extra work and differing site condition claims.
- Successfully represented owner in arbitration involving termination for default for general contractor’s failure to obtain performance and payment bonds and recovered over $500,000 in additional costs for reprocurement.
- Successfully represented subcontractor in three arbitrator panel proceeding for claims against general contractor in federal government demolition and abatement construction contract involving extra work and differing site condition claims for recovery of over $700,000.
- Negotiated a resolution of dispute on behalf of owner with HVAC manufacturer concerning claims involving product defects and breach of warranties.
- Successfully represented general contractor against public owner to convert termination for default to termination for convenience at trial before the District of Columbia Contract Appeals Board.
- Successfully defended against size protests and appeals before the Small Business Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals for confirmation of awards of $13 million and $12 million federal construction contracts.
- Represented insureds in claims against commercial insurance carriers in federal and state courts involving claims for breaches of the policies and unfair claim settlement practices, including successfully moving to compel the insurance carrier to proceed to appraisal.
- Successfully negotiated resolution of claims on behalf of electrical subcontractor for recovery of subcontract balance and claims involving extra work and delay against general contractor for hotel construction project.
- Successfully negotiated resolution of claims on behalf of mechanical subcontractor against general contractor and payment bond surety.
- Drafted form design agreements, subcontracts and purchase orders for general contractors involving private and public construction contracts.
- Advised contractors on compliance with requirements to obtain and maintain certifications as small and minority owned and veteran owned entities.
- Represented demolition and asbestos abatement subcontractor in month long arbitration hearing against general contractor on claims involving recovery of subcontract balance, extra work and delay for federal government contract project.
- Negotiated the sales of books of business for owners of insurance agencies.
- Professional Excellence in the Law, Construction Law, Rhode Island Monthly, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Featured in The Faces of Construction Law, Rhode Island Monthly, 2021
- Featured in Outstanding Women in Business, Rhode Island Monthly, 2020
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association