Josh is a member of the firm’s litigation group. His diverse practice involves assisting clients on a wide array of civil matters, including complex commercial litigation, personal injury, negligence, and contractual disputes. Josh has significant experience in maritime law, and advises clients on vessel arrests, attachments, limitation actions, and related matters. He represents clients before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration panels.
Prior to joining the firm, Josh worked for a maritime commercial litigation boutique in the New York City metropolitan area, and also gained experience in construction litigation. Josh additionally interned for the Honorable Susan McGuirl of the Rhode Island Superior Court.
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Hobart College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Rhode Island
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Assisted in a wide variety of insurance defense matters involving claims for serious personal injuries and significant property damage.
- Assisted in the successful defense of a client before the Federal Maritime Commission, resulting in the dismissal of all claims and an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Assisted in the representation of a vessel owner before an arbitration panel, resulting in a seven-figure demurrage recovery.
- Managing Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal.
- Member, Maritime Law Association of the United States.
- President, Board of Directors, Community Boating Center
- Member, Board of Directors, Oliver Hazard Perry