Kelly is a key member of the firm’s litigation group with over fifteen years of litigation experience. Her practice includes assisting clients in a variety of civil matters including disputes involving personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, toxic torts, and premises liability actions. Kelly has experience representing individuals and businesses before state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Kelly worked for a Rhode Island civil litigation firm where she handled defense of insurance claims and represented retail and hospitality clients in premises liability actions. She has tried cases in the Rhode Island state courts, has argued before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, and has received reported decisions from the Rhode Island Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D. 2005)
- Providence College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2000)
- University of Lund, Sweden (Comparative Law, 2003)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Successfully defended international motor vehicle distributor at Superior Court trial against counts for product liability and violations of the Unfair Trade Practices Act and Consumer Protection Act. Kelly continued to successfully defend the jury awarded defense verdict on appeal before the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- For over ten years Kelly, represented an international retailer at arbitration and mediation proceedings relative to premises liability claims.
- Defended national retailer at trial in premises liability action before the Rhode Island Superior Court.
- Kelly has represented a variety of transportation clients and has successfully secured mediated resolutions in cases involving severe and catastrophic personal injuries.
- Secured voluntary dismissals of plaintiffs’ complaints after the filing of substantive motions for summary judgment on behalf of an asbestos client.
- Currently representing clients in product and premises liability cases, catastrophic accident/injury/tort claims and asbestos related claims.
- Co-moderator, Repairing the Breach: Why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Matters to Lawyers in Rhode Island; hosted by RI Women’s Bar Association, June 2021.
- Moderator, 2020 Newsmaker: Featuring Lara Montecalvo, Head of the Rhode Island Public Defender’s Office; hosted by RI Women’s Bar Association & RI Lawyers Weekly, November 2020.
- Moderator, How to Make & Handle Deposition Objections, Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2016.
- Damages: Legal, Practical and Pragmatic Considerations of Value Assessment, Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, May 2011.
- Selected as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021 -2023 in the fields of Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- Named a Rhode Island Rising Star, 2013, 2014, and 2015, by the publishers of Super Lawyers.
- Board Member and Past President, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Defense Research Institute.
- Member, Defense Counsel of Rhode Island (DCRI).
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Women’s Fund of Rhode Island.
- Grant Committee, Women’s Fun of Rhode Island.