Michael is a member of the firm’s litigation group. His practice involves assisting clients in a wide range of civil matters, including disputes pertaining to employment discrimination, health care, and complex commercial litigation. Michael also has experience assisting clients in white collar criminal defense matters.
Prior to joining AP&S, Michael worked in Raleigh, North Carolina for an international law firm. While in law school, Michael served as the President of the Mock Trial Board, Interscholastic Coordinator for the Moot Court Board, and Articles Editor for the Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy. Michael also externed for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and volunteered as a co-chair of Duke Law’s Southern Justice Spring Break program. As an undergraduate, Michael interned for the Honorable Judge Bennett R. Gallo in Rhode Island Superior Court.
Michael is the head coach of Brown University’s undergraduate mock trial program, and serves as a candidate member on the Board of Directors for the American Mock Trial Association.
- Duke Law School (J.D., 2015)
- Duke University (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- Rhode Island
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Successfully defended Fortune 100 company in a lawsuit alleging tort claims resulting in permanent bodily injury.
- Assisted in defending a major health care insurer in a lawsuit alleging tort claims and an antitrust conspiracy to prevent an out-of-state hospital system from entering Rhode Island.
- Assisting in representation of natural gas power developers and entities in permitting and transactional matters associated with a $350 million dollar sale of a 550 megawatt combined cycle natural gas power plant and a $315 million dollar sale of a 279 megawatt combined cycle natural gas power plant in New England.
- Assisting in representation of Inc. 500 jewelry manufacturer in a variety of civil litigation matters in state and federal court.
- Assisted in representation of multiple local condominium associations in resolving litigation brought by a unit owner.
- Assisted in electronic discovery with respect to defending Fortune 100 company involved in intellectual property matter.
- Assisted in defending medical center involved in medical malpractice matter by serving as second-chair in deposition of expert witness.
- Assisted in prosecution of defendant convicted of conspiracy, mail fraud, and money laundering resulting in 22 years imprisonment and over $16.5 million in restitution.
- Assisted in variety of insurance defense matters concerning catastrophic injury liability and coverage disputes.
- Alan and Susan B. Mansfield Scholarship.
- President, Duke Law Mock Trial Board.
- Interscholastic Coordinator, Duke Law Moot Court Board.
- Articles Editor, Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy.
- Recognition for pro bono distinction from Duke Law School.
- Twiggs-Beskind Cup Champion, Mock Trial.
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Tournament Champion, Mock Trial.
- Head Coach, Duke University Mock Trial.
- National Champion and All-American, American Mock Trial Association.
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association.
- Member, American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division.
- Member, Duke Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee.
- Board of Directors Candidate Member, American Mock Trial Association
- Head Coach, Brown University Mock Trial