Stephen is a member of the firm’s litigation group. He represents clients in a range of civil matters in state and federal courts. These matters include contract disputes, employment disputes, fiduciary litigation, and other complex commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining AP&S, Stephen worked as an associate at a business litigation firm in Providence, where he practiced complex commercial litigation. In his practice, Stephen also draws on his experience as a law clerk to the Honorable Francis X. Flaherty of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and as a law clerk in the Rhode Island Superior Court.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Tulane University (B.A., 2005)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Obtained dismissal of multiple, related cases against a bank employee alleged to have committed fraud related to a real-estate transaction.
- Obtained dismissal on personal jurisdiction grounds of a case against a manufacturer alleged to have misrepresented its product.
- Successfully defended manufacturer of packaging equipment in litigation arising out of a dispute over repairs to a machine.
- Successfully defended a construction company and its employees against a preliminary injunction motion in litigation over non-competition agreements between the employees and their former employer.
- Assisted in representing and obtaining a favorable settlement for a multinational bank in litigation arising out of a financing transaction.
- Assisted in representing a makeup manufacturer in litigation brought by its Chinese supplier in a case involving fraudulent payment instructions.
- Assisted in representing an executive in breach of fiduciary duty and theft of trade secrets litigation brought by her former employer.
- Assisted in representing a boat construction company in multimillion-dollar arbitration brought by a customer and obtained favorable finding on nearly every claim.
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2016 -2018, by the publishers of Super Lawyers
- Articles Editor, Roger Williams University Law Review
- Public Service Award, Roger Williams University School of Law
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Main Street Association of East Greenwich (President, 2015 - 2017).