Stephen is a member of the firm’s litigation group. He represents clients in a range of civil matters in state and federal courts. These matters include contract disputes, employment disputes, fiduciary litigation, and other complex commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining AP&S, Stephen worked as an associate at a business litigation boutique in Providence, where he practiced complex commercial litigation. In his practice, Stephen also draws on his experience as a law clerk to the Honorable Francis X. Flaherty of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and as a law clerk in the Rhode Island Superior Court.
Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
Tulane University (B.A., 2005)
U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Successfully defended manufacturer of packaging equipment in litigation arising out of a dispute over repairs to a machine.
- Successfully defended a construction company and its employees against a preliminary injunction motion in litigation over non-competition agreements between the employees and their former employer.
- Assisted in representing and obtaining a favorable settlement for a multinational bank in litigation arising out of a financing transaction.
- Assisted in representing a makeup manufacturer in litigation brought by its Chinese supplier in a case involving fraudulent payment instructions.
- Assisted in representing an executive in breach of fiduciary duty and theft of trade secrets litigation brought by her former employer.
- Assisted in representing a boat construction company in multimillion-dollar arbitration brought by a customer and obtained favorable finding on nearly every claim.
- In defending litigation against a manufacturer brought by its former employee for unpaid wages, obtained ruling that treble damages were unavailable, reducing the manufacturer’s exposure.
- Named Rhode Island Rising Star 2016 -2018, by the publishers of Super Lawyers
- Articles Editor, Roger Williams University Law Review
- Public Service Award, Roger Williams University School of Law
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- President, Main Street Association of East Greenwich